UVA Out of Associated Cement Companie After Positive Coronavirus Test, Team’s Future in National Collegiate Athletic Association March Madness in Doubt

“We went from an invigorating match dominating shot to beat Syracuse to a gut punch in regards to the positive COVID-19 test inside our program,” said lead trainer Tony Bennett

The Virginia Cavaliers’ ACC Tournament venture is over as they become the subsequent group to leave following a positive COVID-19 test.

On Friday, the ACC (Atlantic Coast Conference) declared that Virginia’s forthcoming game against Georgia Tech, initially booked to occur sometime thereafter, had been dropped.

“The retraction follows a positive test, resulting isolating, and contact following inside the Virginia men’s ball program,” the declaration read.

Accordingly, Georgia Tech will consequently progress to the title game, playing the champs of Friday’s elimination rounds game between Florida State and North Carolina.

The news came only one day after it was reported that the Duke University Blue Devils would be leaving the competition following a positive COVID-19 test.

“We went from a thrilling match dominating shot to beat Syracuse to a gut punch in regards to the positive COVID-19 test inside our program. I’m harming for our players, particularly our seniors,” Tony Bennett, Virginia’s lead trainer, said in a proclamation.

“This is inconceivably frustrating for our players. They have done what has been requested from them in testing conditions,” added Director of Athletics Carla Williams. “It’s terrible the ACC Tournament has finished up for us, yet we have directed our concentration toward the NCAA Tournament. We are in correspondence with the proper authorities in regards to our support.”

The group’s status for the forthcoming NCAA Tournament, planned to begin on March 18, presently can’t seem to be resolved.

Groups that success their gathering competition are naturally gone into the NCAA competition, however different groups that didn’t might be welcomed by a determination board.

As ESPN noted, to play in the competition, groups need to have seven back to back negative tests, and go through day by day testing while in Indianapolis. NCAA senior VP of b-ball Dan Gavitt has additionally recently said that to take an interest, groups will require in any event five solid players.

While Virginia’s March Madness future remaining parts in question, Duke athletic chief Kevin White reported that the group’s season is finished.

“Lamentably, in the wake of going a whole season with no certain COVID-19 tests among our men’s b-ball understudy competitors and training staff, one individual from our program tried positive after Wednesday’s ACC Tournament match-up in Greensboro,” White said in a proclamation on Thursday. “Subsequently, this will end our 2020-21 season. We wish each group actually playing school b-ball great wellbeing and the absolute best during the following not many weeks.”

“I’m sorrowful for our understudy competitors, mentors and care staff at both Duke and Virginia,” ACC magistrate Jim Phillips said in an explanation on Friday. “We will follow the lead of our clinical staff to guarantee the wellbeing and security of our projects stay the first concern. Our understudy competitors and schools have been wonderful this whole season while suffering unbelievably testing conditions.”

On Sunday, the NCAA will declare which 68 groups will be welcome to play in the men’s ball competition. The occasion, known as Selection Sunday, will be communicated at 6 p.m. ET on CBS. Peruse more about it here.

The celebrated school b-ball group pulled out from the ACC Tournament, successfully finishing their season and likely their opportunity to play in March Madness in the not so distant future

The Duke University Blue Devils are formally out of the ACC Tournament following a positive COVID-19 test inside their program.

On Thursday morning, the ACC (Atlantic Coast Conference) reported Duke’s down against Florida State University Thursday night had been dropped following “a positive test, ensuing isolating, and contact following inside the Duke men’s ball program.” The college affirmed the news in a post in the group’s Twitter account.

“We won’t keep contending in the 2021 ACC Tournament because of our school’s and meeting’s wellbeing/security conventions,” their assertion read. “The assurance was made after the positive COVID-19 test for an individual from our program’s Tier 1 work force after Wednesday’s down.”

As ESPN noticed, the Blue Devils won their initial two rounds of the ACC Tournament, dispensing with No. 7 seed Louisville on Wednesday night. However, the group probably expected to win the whole ACC Tournament to arrive at the NCAA’s March Madness not long from now.

Leave a Comment