Avowed is a modern-day action role-playing game developed by Obsidian Entertainment. The game was revealed for the Microsoft Windows and Xbox Series X platform on 23rd July 2020 at the Xbox Games Showcase. It is being said that Avowed has a direct connection to another franchise of Obsidian, Pillars of Eternity.
Fans believe that Avowed would be a prequel to Pillars of Eternity. Some attributes have been taken from Pillars of Eternity and is being added to the game. The story of Avowed would take place in the Aedyran era where the Aedyran Empire used to have a stronghold over kingdoms.
Avowed Release Date
The release date of Avowed is unknown. Developers are currently working on the DLCs of The Outer Worlds and Grounded. The delay would go on quite far and it seems the game would be released by late 2022.
In the meantime, you take a look at the trailer of the game released at the Xbox Games Showcase.
Some of the features that would be introduced in the game are:
- Avowed would be an open-world game and would be much richer in content than Skyrim.
- The environment of the game will be set in The Living Lands region of Eora. The place has been referred to in Pillars of Eternity.
- Next-gen AI programming is being introduced along with engine physics.
- The weather system will be based on real-time.
- The player can create its own character using the Advanced character creation tool.
- The game will support mods and patches for additional elements.
- The approach to the game would be completely different from that of Skyrim.
- Plenty of boss-battles are being introduced and those fights are going to be of longer duration so that the players can enjoy the game.
- Special attention is being given to the architecture of the game and iconic landmarks, statues and buildings are being added.
- The graphics of the flora and fauna are being improved including rivers and mountains.
- There is a talk that the map will include two large cities along with plenty of small cities in between.
- Obsidian is also including the option of going on a killing spree in the game where the player can choose to kill everyone in the game including key characters.