Multiplayer gaming has become the brand new definition of the very profession or, the hobby of playing videogames. The gaming community has evolved beyond the monotonous way of playing single-player story mode games. Multiplayer mode is the new way to have fun as players team up with their friends and compete against a set of other players which makes the games thrilling and tough to conquer. Many such titles have come up that provide these elements such as, Fortnite, PUBG, Counter-Strike, etc. but in this piece, we will be talking about Call of Duty Season 5, its release date and details regarding other updates as well.
Call of Duty is a first-person shooter videogame published by Activision. The franchise started its journey by publishing mostly single-player story mode games based on World War setting. It released its first title under the same name, in 2003. Gradually the background setting changed from World Wars to modern-day military warfare, and it has also spread its roots into multiplayer gaming. The multiplayer version is released under Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and has released four seasons to the same to date. The fifth season is yet to release whose details we will be sharing and discussing in this article.
Call of Duty Season 5 Release Date
The current season which is continuing is Season 4. It is supposed to get over by 4th August 2020. Now based on the norm of new season release, it is expected that Season 5 will not kick off anytime soon as Infinity Ward always keeps a considerable gap of time between two consecutive season releases.
But it is being rumored that this time, it’s going to be different. This time there is a high chance that Season 5 might come out on 5th August 2020, the very next day after the ending of Season 4. Either way, Activision has not dropped any official release date yet.
What new features and elements to expect in Season 5?
Just like any other multiplayer games, Call of Duty also introduces plenty of new features and add-ons to every new season release. In this season we can look forward to the following:
- Of course, this goes without saying that new skins, new maps, new guns and weapons, and enhancements in the graphics and gameplay of the game are some of the basic additions to the update.
- Alongside the basic additions, there’s a word that significant changes are being made to the Verdansk map where a football stadium is being introduced and it is being said that the stadium is laced with explosives to increase the thrill factor of the game.
- The Spas-12 shotgun is present in the new update alongside, a sniper rifle named, the Intervention
- A new character named, Woods (sound familiar??) is rumored to join the franchise in its Season 5 release.
- A Snipers Only game mode is set to be introduced into Season 5. It is a 3 vs. 3 sniper rifle gunfight round.
- Enemy engagements in Season 5 have been increased especially for the season’s Officer Challenges.
- The character Charly is set to get a new look this season with the Earth Expeditionary Force bundle.
- New gear has been planned for the players in season 5. It is called the “Racing Series: Mach 8” bundle and will comprise Autoclave SMG with red tracer blue-prints, Winner’s Circle Handgun, and two brand new vehicle skins with a race countdown sound horn.
- Duos Stimulus is also one of the upcoming features added in season 5. Here a player can re-enter a match after he/she has been eliminated, by spending in-game cash. This redeployment feature will redeploy players faster thus giving frenetic gameplay.