From the invention of the first computer ENIAC that would do complex mathematical calculations to the design of laptops and notebooks with operating systems that are much faster and powerful than ENIAC. I always feel quite astounded when I think about it that such is the distance we’ve covered with technology. Nevertheless, welcome to Gizmoseries, and today we will be covering the latest new notebook from Apple, i.e., MacBook Air 2020. Apple has officially launched the brand new version of the Macbook Air this year. MacBook Air 2020 is the next big thing to Apple’s notebook/laptop universe. Apple released the notebook commercially on 18th March 2020, and it is loaded with some pretty new features.
MacBook Air is a much-improvised version of the default version of laptops of Apple – MacBook Pro. These laptops are much lighter, smaller, and easily portable than the Pro version but pack some limited features than the Pro version. However, this latest Air version has included most of the features into the latest model so that it can be a strong competitor to the Pro version.
MacBook Air 2020 Release Date
Apple released the notebook commercially on 18th March 2020, and it is loaded with some pretty new features. The features that we can expect in this latest laptop from Apple are:
- Storage – The previous Airs used to start their storage capacity from 128 GB. The 2018 base model with 128 GB storage capacity cost around Rs. 1,14,900. In the 2020 model, the base storage capacity has been expanded to 256 GB, and this base model costs Rs. 92,990. The storage is of SSD (Solid State Drive) type for faster data transfer and processing. The storage capacity has been pushed up to 2 TB.
- Processor – The 2020 model comes packed with 10th Generation Intel Core processors ranging from i3 to i9. The base speed is 1.1 GHz, which increases based on the task that is being performed and offers a butter-smooth yet blazing fast speed of task execution.
- Graphics – This attribute has become a major attribute in any of the computing and interactive devices. The laptop comes with Intel Iris Plus graphics hardware. Additionally, support for a Thunderbolt-3 enabled external graphics processor has been provided inside the laptop. Apple has claimed that the new hardware system that has been introduced in the 2020 version enables up to 80% faster graphics processing.
- Display – The 2020 model offers a 13-inch Retina display and has an IPS resolution of 2560×1600 pixels and 227 PPI of pixel density. It provides True Tone color and has an aspect ratio of 16:10.
- Battery – The laptop is packed with a 49.9 watt-hour lithium-polymer battery that is touted to deliver up to 11 hrs of the internet or up to 30 days of standby time on a single charge. The model weighs 1.29 kilograms.
- Other features – The laptop comes with a feather-touch backlit keyboard and touch-pad for a smooth and faster typing experience. The device has Thunderbolt 3 ports for data transfer, charging, and video output. It supports external display support of up to 6K resolution and has built-in stereo speakers.